- On completion of this unit, learners will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and expertise to perform the duties of an entrant and attendant when working in a confined space, use gas detection instruments and participate in an emergency situation.
The job role(s) / occupations that this unit would be relevant to may include following parties related to / in the process industry:
- Confined Space Entrant
- Confined Space Attendant
- Identify duties and responsibilities of all personnel involved in confined space work under the WSH legislations and Code of Practice
- Identify confined space hazards
- Use Gas Detection Instruments for atmospheric monitoring
- Comply with Permit-to-Work system and safe work procedures when working in confined space
- Participate in an Emergency for confined space
Assessment Mode / Examination
There will be written questioning and practical performance (Case Study).
Mode Of Training
Price per pax: SGD 120.00 Nett
Funding Validity Period: 19 Sep 2012 to 22 Mar 2019
For employer-sponsored training, the company pays the Training Provider the unfunded portion of the course fees i.e. full course fee less course fee funding from SSG. The training grant application submitted by the company is first routed to the Training Provider for endorsement, before being routed to SSG for approval. The Training Provider is responsible for submitting claim to SSG upon course completion. Upon approval of the claim, the course fee funding will be disbursed to the Training Provider and Absentee Payroll funding, if applicable, will be disbursed to the company.
For self-sponsored training, the individual pays the Training Provider the unfunded portion of the course fees i.e. full course fee less course fee funding from SSG. The training grant application submitted by the Training Provider is routed directly to SSG for approval. The Training Provider is responsible for submitting the claim to SSG upon course completion.
SSG Training grant is available only for Singaporean/PR, apply via SkillsConnect